How your lunch box can help you lose that little extra weight from the festive season
So the holidays are over and most of us are going back into our normal daily routines. As fun as it was to indulge on the never ending braais, the tasty turkeys and gammon’s, the huge breakfasts, the hourly visits to the box of Bakers Choice Assorted Biscuits and the picnics; you might have ended up with a inch or 3 more around your waist. Now not need to go on the celebrity diets and even worse trying to starve yourself, just make a few changes to your diet to find your way back to original size the healthy way.Since the lunchbox is where most of are flawed and we tend to end up eating cafeteria food that leave us feeling all sluggish and bulgy, try these tasty lunch ideas to mix and match.
Brown Seed Loaf
Grilled Chicken Breasts Seasoned with a little salt and pepper or herbs of your choice
Turkey is also very lean
Shredded Fish (avoid the boxed kind)
Low Fat Mayonaisse
Greek Yogurt seasoned to your taste can work as a condiment
Even mashed avocado is very yum and adds creaminess to your sarmies!
Fruit and Veggies
Absolutely any fruit and vegetables you want! Never fry them or over cook them.
Iced water is normally much more enjoyable. Add lime and mint and freeze overnight for that refreshing taste.
Iced Tea Made with Rooibos. Add in your favourite fruit for extra yum.
Try to carry more than one bottle of liquids
- Designate a time for to prepare your lunch box. Just 30 minutes before you sleep everyday is a routine that you can easily get used to.
- Make it look pretty. It’ll be more motivating to eat instead of chucking it back in your bag and opting for a bought pie.
- Eat what you like. If you don’t like avocado then don’t include it.
- Keep hydrated and snack frequently and healthily.
- Be consistent. A healthy sandwich for lunch and deep fried chicken for supper defeats the purpose!
- Don’t put pressure on yourself for results. Chances are it’s just an inch or two and you still look good!
- Know your food groups and what is good for you. For example if you do dairy and you choose cheese, avoid processed cheese.
- Listen to your body, if you feel grumpy and irate, you’re probably hungry and doing something wrong.
- Get your roomies or family members into it, it will be more fun and mmake it mor easier to stick to.