How to keep your locks looking amazing this summer
Seawater and even poolwater does leave hair dry and brittle and none ever want a bushy head of hair while meeting a handsome suffer boy. One option is to keep hair tied up and not put your head under the water. Another choice is to wear a rubber cap on your hair. But if you enjoy the feeling of your hair floating freely in the water, you can take other steps. With just a few minutes worth of effort and some cheap supplies, you can have beautiful hair after leaving the pool or the beach.
Here are a few amazing tips I found really work for my hair:
1. Soak your hair with tap water before going into the pool or ocean. When your hair is full of water, it will soak up less chlorine or salt.
2. Don’t wash your hair with shampoo before a swim. Your hair has natural oils that protect against the harsh pool chemicals and sea salt. If you wash your hair with shampoo before a swim, it strips away this natural protection and leaves hair vulnerable.
3. Use neem oil on hair before swimming to protect and hydrate your scalp if you swim often.
4. Apply sesame oil, a natural blocker of ultraviolet rays, to hair before sunbathing.
5. Use a detox shampoo after swimming to remove chlorine. Or you can mix your current shampoo with baking soda to remove some of the chlorine and chemicals from hair.
6. Deep-condition weekly. While conditioner is on head, cover hair with a silk wrap to get a more intense conditioning. Don’t wrap hair in a towel because cotton will soak up the conditioner. Conditioning while in the sauna will also produce a deeper conditioning.
Hope this helps!!